Beef burger with a fantastic soft blue cheese:
300g/12oz high quality beef steak,
1 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 tbsp flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cornichons (small pickled cucumbers), finely chopped
3 dashes Tabasco
½ tsp salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 medium free-range egg yolks
2 slices taleggio cheese
olive oil, for drizzling
2 olive ciabatta rolls, split
50g/2oz mixed salad leaves
1. Place the meat into a bowl along with all the ingredients except the cheese and olive oil, and mix well to combine.
2. Divide into two and form into patties.
3. Place a piece of cheese in the centre of each burger and draw the meat over to cover.
4. Reform to make a patty.
5. Heat a griddle pan until very hot and drizzle with a little olive oil.
6. Place the burger on the griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Remove and serve in the ciabatta roll with some salad leaves.