For the soup
* 50g butter
* 100g onions, peeled and roughly chopped
* 200g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
* 300 ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
* 1 bunch of fresh wild garlic
* 2 tbsp double cream
1. For the soup: melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and potatoes, lightly frying, then season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the stock bit by bit to the potato and onion mixture so that it combines well with the mixture. Once all the stock has been added bring the pan to a boil, reduce the heat and cook until the potatoes and onions are tender.
3. Stir in the wild garlic leaves and cook for 1 more minute. Add the double cream and stir.
4. Transfer the soup to a food processor and blend to a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may want to add with it a pesto when serving