Last night we joined the team at Heaton House Events and served food for 160 guests at their official launch party. From delicate canapes on the terrace to hearty bowl food dishes served in the venue’s beautiful dining rooms, lucky guests were able to sample a vast array of delicious food from our extensive menus.
We wanted to offer guests the opportunity to try a broad selection of our food to give them a good idea of what we are all about – fresh, locally sourced and unpretentious dishes that can be enjoyed by all. Party goers enjoyed the evening sunshine and stunning views from the Heaton House Farm grounds and our team chatted with guests as we served small canapes on our welsh slate boards. These small dishes perfectly complimented the refreshing summer cocktails. We served –
Chilled summer gazpacho served in shot glasses, tiger prawns with garlic, chilli & pak choi, mini ham hock terrine wrapped in savoy cabbage and served with a spicy homemade piccalilli, croûte with red onion chutney, sun blush tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto and JJJ Heatcote Cumberland sausage with whole grain mustard & honey.
The relaxed feel of the party called for casual, tasty bowl foods that allowed guests to sit and graze or stand and chat. As the evening sun faded and the party moved inside, we served –
• Roast pumpkin & parmesan soup, finished with white truffle oil
• Pan fried chicken livers and chestnut mushroom toasted brushetta with a Madeira cream
• Goats cheese and mozzarella, with roast pepper & aubergine roulade on a rocket salad
We followed with a selection of main course dishes including –
• Individual turkey ballotine stuffed with sausage meat, roast chestnuts & fruits, wrapped in oak smoked bacon
• Thai chicken curry with sticky rice
• Local lamb cutlet & individual lamb casserole with a parsnip puree
• Christmas vegetable pudding of field mushrooms, roast onion, chestnuts & prunes with a port wine sauce
• Pea and asparagus risotto and pork fillet wrapped in air dried ham on a Tuscan bean stew
Just as everyone was fit to burst, we brought out the dishes that no one can ever resist, the desserts! These included –
• Apple mincemeat strudel with a warm brandy cream sauce
• Moist chocolate and cherry brownie with cherry syrup
• Cinder toffee cheesecake
• “Yule Log” with a dark chocolate mousse
• Individual meringues with a sweet vanilla cream seasonal berry compote
• Slate of local cheeses with an apple and fig jam
All in all, the party was a huge success and we received a great deal of compliments about our fantastic food and friendly service. Heaton House Farm is a venue that we love to to work with, not only because of their fantastic facilities and breathtaking surroundings, but also because they share our values when it comes to business.
Like us, they take great pride in providing top quality services and products. Their staff are trained to the highest standards and their eye for detail is unsurpassed. We feel, and have always felt, that these things are non negotiable. Our team takes pride in their work, we all feel passionate about what we do and we love to showcase our skills at events like last nights party. If you were there, you will understand what we mean, if you weren’t, then why not give us a try for your next event? Let us show you what we mean!