Phew! warm sunny day’s have been few this summer. This weekend looks set to be rather nice. Why not enjoy a balmy evening with some friends and some alfresco dining?
The rum in these fantastic iced lollies means that they are strictly for grown ups only, they will certainly get people in the party mood!
Watermelon Mojito Lollies
Makes 12 2.5 oz Lollies
· 8oz. watermelon juice (2 ½ cups chopped watermelon)
· 2 oz fresh lime juice
· 1 oz. simple mint syrup (recipe follows)
· 8 oz. light rum
· 14 oz. club soda
First make your Mint Syrup
(You will have more syrup than you need. Save for other cocktail uses)
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/2 cups sugar
· 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
Place sugar and water in a pot over heat until sugar dissolves. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature and place mint leaves in mixture and muddle. Allow mint leaves to steep for 20 minutes. Strain and discard leaves. (Depending on the fine-ness of the sieve tiny pieces may remain).
1. Place chopped watermelon in a food processor or blender and process until watermelon is juiced (will be slightly pulpy).
2. Combine watermelon juice, lime juice, mint syrup and rum in a shaker and shake well. Fill Lolly mold 3/4 of the way up with mixture. Fill remaining lolly mold with club soda and stir to combine.
3. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a lolly stick upright. Insert lolly sticks and finish freezing lollies overnight. To release lollies run hot water on the outside of the molds for a 2-3 seconds.